Why This Domain?
Recognition and validation mark progress in competencies and skills amongst learners. How these elements will manifest within the assessment process could vary from one country to the next.
What Should You Expect After Domain Completion?
You’ll understand the core differences between validation and recognition, and be able to create a certificate to provide at the end of the assessment process.
Clear recognition and validation can motivate health & care professionals to continue improving their skills and competencies. It can also promote vertical and horizontal mobility for these individuals.
The Difference Between Recognition and Validation
- Recognition is understood as an organisational process whereby the learner receives internal recognition and eventually, a diploma as official proof of learning and acquisition of competencies and skills.
- Validation is perceived in a more formal light, that is, acquired competencies are assessed and validated by an official institution. In terms of how they may be organised, there could be differences from one country to the next. In some countries, educational institutions have the legitimate right to validate competencies against formal learning criteria, whilst this task is assigned to independent bodies in other regions.
- Learners should keep all certificates and documentation to undergo the validation process – after training or later in their career.
Please Familiarise Yourself With The Certificate Format (see template provided)
- Title of training / date(s) of training
- Who provides the training / training institution
- Overall aim of the training
- Expected learning outcome
- Description of the training
- Description of the assessment process
- Participant’s name/ID
- Signature from training institution
Depending on your assessment, you may need to go back to the On-The-Job Training tool to address learning gaps and improve outcomes.
If assessment resulted extremely positive, then congratulations! You and your colleagues have gotten one step closer to helping enhance health & care for all!